10 Natural Remedies For Allergies
Article posted on bewellbuzz
Seasonal and food allergies are debilitating. Yet, so many treatments are out there to relieve your symptoms. As you may know, medicine is not the solution and just can suppress symptoms that are there to help your body cleanse and heal. Below I have listed 10 natural remedies for allergies; ways to clean your air, clean your sinuses, clean your body and eliminate the cause of your allergic reactions.
1. Air Purifier — An air purifier that removes airborne particles and allergens, including dust, smoke, pollen, mold spores, animal dander, dust mites and other harmful fibers is the best solution to eliminate those nasty allergens while you are indoors.
2. Neti Pot –- A gift from India, it flushes allergens and snot from your sinuses. I love and use a ceramic pot. I pour a half cup of filtered, boiling water over a tablespoon of sea salt, fill it up to two cups with room temperature, filtered water, then pour it in the neti pot. Then I put the spout to one nostril over the bathroom sink and tilt my head to the other side so the solution pours out of my other nostril. Then I empty the pot and fill it up again for the other nostril.
3. Nettle Leaf –- Stinging Nettle tea is one of my favorites for health. It’s anti-inflammatory, an iron-rich blood purifier, treats infections and is excellent for allergies and asthma.
4. Probiotics –- Balancing your gut bacteria will boost your immune system, which will help protect you from allergic reactions.
5. Detox –- Toxicity (from heavy metals, chemicals, parasites, pesticides, candida fungus) blocks the healing process and impedes the immune system. If the liver can’t handle the toxins, the toxins affect microflora and impact the immune system and candida albicans grow out of control.
6. Eliminate Sugar, Dairy, Wheat –- You will notice a big difference (with all of your symptoms) if you eliminate these three things from your diet. They cause inflammation, compromise the immune system, feed candida and cancer cells and create an acidic environment. While you are at it, take out the processed foods that also cause inflammation and stress in your gut.
7. Raw Honey –- It contains traces of pollen and contains living enzymes needed to protect your body from a histamine overdose. It works even better if it’s “local”, from the same region as the plant that is bothering you.
8. Diffuser –- I use lavender, peppermint and lemon in a diffuser and my house smells amazing! You also can put a mixture of three drops each in your palms and inhale, use it in water as a mouthwash or use it in a neti pot with eight ounces of warm water.
9. Water — Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and active enough to fight off allergens. A filtration system that helps reduce contaminants, adds minerals and maintains a healthy alkaline balance will give your body that extra boost.
10. Emotional –- From a truly holistic perspective, allergies could be caused by repressed anger and an irritated reaction to life, reacting to people instead of interacting with them. Who are you really allergic to?