1. Listen to your body; stress, bloating, fatigue, foggy brain, weight gain, aches & allergies are crying out for your help.
2. Journal why you are detoxing; your why is your motivation to make the choices to cleanse, heal and re-balance your body.
3. Visualize; see, believe and feel yourself fit, healthy and happy.
4. Eat whole organic natural foods that nature made; fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, quinoa, brown rice, olive oil, lentils, wild fish, organic eggs and microalge (chlorella and spirulina).
5. Develop a detox lifestyle. What matters most is what you put in and on your body on a daily basis; not just during a 2-week cleanse.
6. Remove the obstacles to health. The best way to detox is to reduce and eliminate toxic stressors; drugs, medications, artificial sweeteners, chemicals (commercial skin and cleaning products), fluoride (tap water and toothpaste), pesticides, MSG, mercury (silver fillings), cigarettes, wheat, dairy, soy, corn, sugar, fried foods, processed foods, gluten, meat and condiments.
7. Improve circulation with hydrotherapy (finish your hot shower with a cold rinse).
8. Stimulate lymphatic flow with cardio exercise, yoga, rebounding, hydrotherapy, deep breathing, lymphatic drainage massage and dry skin brushing.
9. Drink plenty of water. Water-soluble toxins go out with water, so adequate hydration is required for adequate flow, circulation and elimination through the kidneys.
10. Enjoy a massage. Massage stimulates the blood and lymph vessels, helping move the fluid along, reduces inflammation and accelerates healing.
11. Jump up, jump up and get detoxed. Rebounding (jumping on a trampoline) is effective at improving lymph system circulation. Lymphatic fluid is completely dependent on physical exercise to move, and the up-and-down movement causes the lymph system’s one-way valves to open and close, increasing lymph flow.
12. Try acupuncture to improve circulation. It has a significant and beneficial effect on the sympathetic nervous system, helping restore activity to normal.
13. Enhance elimination with colon hydrotherapy, fiber, aloe, herbal supplements, Vit C, water, sweating through hydrotherapy, exercise, mineral salt baths and sauna.
14. Balance your bacteria. Avoid antibiotics, steroid drugs, birth control pills, excessive sugar and alcohol. Cleanse candida and parasites while re-populating the friendly bacteria with probiotics and kimchi (cultured cabbage).
15. Improve digestion; chew your food well, eat only when hungry and stop before you are full, practice proper food combining (eat animal protein with veggies not starch/bread) and eat relaxed without distractions.
16. Increase bowel transit time with the Ayurvedic triple herb combo Triphala, which cleanses and tonifies the gastro-intestinal tract.
17. Stimulate the liver. This is the most important organ that keeps us alive; and because of the most of us eat and live, the liver can be overburdened, sluggish and congested. An organic plant-based diet, herbs (milk thistle, dandelion root and turmeric), essential fatty acids, exercise, sauna, yoga and hydrotherapy help to stimulate the liver’s activity, enhance circulation and move accumulated toxins out with the bile.
18. Detox your thoughts. Your thoughts are just as important as your food. Develop a relationship with your mind and detox the thoughts that cause stress. Worry, fear, anger, frustration and grief also upsets the body’s detoxification systems. Replace the negative thoughts with positive ones (Read Louise Hay “You Can Heal Your Life”)
19. Detox your subconscious. If you are self-sabotaging, choosing toxic behaviors and relationships and you have chronic symptoms (and don’t know why); then it’s time to seek subconscious healing.
20. Clean out your clutter. Clutter is low, stagnant and confusing energy that constantly drains energy from you. Get rid of (donate) anything that doesn’t bring you joy and that carries old, unwanted, memories and energy.
21. Meditate. By sitting silently, relaxed and comfortable, simply observing your breath and your thoughts, you can cleanse your mind of tensions that deplete well-being.
22. Do what you love and love what you do. If your work, and co-workers, are draining you, do something that gives you energy (your passions) and surround yourself with supportive, positive people.
23. Detox media and distractions. What you watch on TV, read in the newspapers and magazines are reprogramming your subconscious. Take a break from the media, constant checking of email and text messages to reconnect to yourself.
24. Walk barefoot on the Earth. The Earth has a greater negative charge than your body, by walking barefoot on the Earth you end up absorbing electrons from it. This is one of the most potent antioxidants we know of and may have an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect on your body.
25. Dance! As the physical body releases through rhythmic movement, the mental constructs relax. Chatter ceases. Dancing through the 5Rhythms helps you get out of your head. The mind becomes liberated. “If you put the psyche in motion, it will heal itself,” says Gabrielle Roth.
26. Detox toxic relationships. If your friends, family and co-workers are negative, drain you, put you down and keep you stuck in unhealthy habits it’s time to develop new relationships with people who are supportive, positive and lift you up.
27. Detox distractions. Schedule time each day to be alone, in silence, to listen to your inner voice. Walk in nature, journal and meditate to connect to your truth.
28. Conscious choices. Become and stay aware of all of your daily choices; are they boosting your health and energy or feeding your condition and symptoms. Make choices that will move you towards your goals.
29. Read ingredients. Don’t believe the claims on labels, if you don’t know what it is don’t eat it. Watch out for sugar-free foods made with artificial sweeteners, soy in “veggie products”, yeast extract (MSG) in soups and sauces. Use common sense, eat what is natural with one ingredient.
30. Smile and laugh often. The best way to release stress is to laugh and enjoy life!